This is an early experiment on trying to use the transglutaminase I ordered of the internet. The idea was to see if I could bind a chicken breast to a turkey breast. From the internet I found the ratio of transglutaminase to water to make a usable slurs was 1:4. Because I’m a klutz and a little distracted the actual amounts I ended up using were:
- 40g water
- 5g transglutaminase
I cooked it for dinner the next day so it spent a little less than 24 hours binding together. The 2 portions of meat were stuck together in some places but other parts didn’t quite stick.
To cook the turken I took a new sip-top bag, added extra virgin olive oil, herbs de provence, dried oregano and some cumin to add some smokiness. Then I put it a water bath at 64˚C for 2 hours. Finished it in a hot pan with some bacon fat.
Definitely not bad for a first experiment.
- Try using plastic wrap to hold he meat together as the zip-top bag wasn't enough
- Maybe even add weight over the plastic wrap to really squeeze the meats